There are very events in the world which can topple the human heart and mind as easily as this year’s World cup… “First ball of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011..from Shafiul Islam to Virender Sehwag…smashed past extra cover and it’s a boundary…WHAT A BEGINNING !!… 1..2..3.. the cricket world cup has finally kicked off with a blast !! The most awaited and the first blockbuster event of the decade is finally here…Its most welcome anticipation across the globe, especially, in the fourteen participatin gnations of which four were associate nations. Two groups, group A and group B were to form seven teams each. Group A would have Pakistan, Australia, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Canada battling it out. On the other side, Group B would consist of India, South Africa, England, West Indies, Bangladesh, Ireland and Netherlands contesting strongly. Top four teams from each group would qualify for the first stage of knockouts – The Quarter finals. Read the rest of this entry
Well, you know much about this particular team- The Mumbai Indians. Not many players have changed but some very good guys have joined this already awesome troop.
Okay, lets just have a small recap of what happened to Ambanis’ team in the past season. The first season was anything and everything that they would have forgotten. Sachin Tendulkar’s injury, Harbhajan’s poor Captaincy and Sreesanth controversy, then Shaun Pollock taking the responsibility. Finally, they found some rhythm as Tendulkar returned back ending awful moments. But, sadly they didn’t reach the semifinals. 2009 was no way like Season 1. They got in some key players in the Auction and Transfer window and let out some unwanted players. To be very brief, they fared better than 2008 for sure, obviously. Season 3 of IPL is much to talk about and the finalists Team Mumbai. They played superbly with Sachin top scoring for them. Being the runner ups, they qualified and played the CLT20. Now, its time to watch one of the favourites in this season- Mumbai Indians. Read the rest of this entry
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has announced the Indian ODI team which will play a 3 One Day Series against the Australians in Kochi, Vishakapatnam and Goa. But the sad news is that, Sachin Tendulakar is being rested yet again. He played his last ODI which we cannot forget and he too won’t, the ODI in Gwalior where he scored a 200 not out. Read the rest of this entry
Hmm, Sadly with four important players- Yuvraj, Laxman, Dravid and Sreesanth out of the side. The selection committee headed by Kris Srikanth will meet tomorrow and will decide who will replace these players in the upcoming World Series of Championship against South Africa.
Dravid and Yuvraj are surely out and have to take a minimum month of rest. But Laxman may play. I have no idea on Sreesanth.
The Selection committee will surely not select uncapped players instead of them to give a chance because this series is too important as it will change to rankings. If India lose the series they will slip down to No.2 spot or even worse No.3.
Even bad is that Dravid and Laxman, the main caps of the Indian batting will surely miss out. So the question is who are the ones who will play instead of these biggies.
So I have prepared a squad for the test series against South Africa.
- MS Dhoni (Captain)
- Virender Sehwag (Vice Captain)
- Gautam Gambhir
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Murali Vijay
- Harbhajan Singh
- Amit Mishra
- Pragyan Ojha
- Zaheer Khan
- Ishant Sharma
- Munaf Patel
- Subramanium Badrinath
- Wasim Jaffer
- Virat Kohli
- Sudeep Tyagi
So, you would be questioning out with what I have selected. So I have my explanations.
- I’ve chosen Munaf Patel because i won’t give a place for an uncapped player. Surely when Munaf is given a chance, he will prove his worth. The main thing is that he has experience. No other player including Ashish Nehra has experience.
- Wasim Jaffer! You will think it is a bad choice but he is the only experienced player India have in test cricket. He is excellent in test cricket. He is doing superbly for Mumbai Ranji.
- S Badrinath is probably a test player. He is solid like Laxman and is the best replacement for VVS Laxman.
- Virat Kohli may be given a go because if you give a go to players like Raina or Jadeja, they are sloggers in batting ad would not stay long. So he is the only guy who stays long in the team who is uncapped in test matches.
- People feel Cheteshwar Pujara should be given a go, but in this series he might not be a good choice because he is uncapped. He has experience his domestic circuit but he has no international experience.
- So this is the best team India can have in my point of view if the injured 4 players are not there.