Pakistan cricket to a decline?
The days of Imran Khan and Wasim Akram are gone now. From a top class team, they’ve slipped down to a second rated team.
- It all started for the Pakistani players in the 2007 World Cup. They lost to the Irish team which knocked them out of the the West Indies 2007 World Cup.
- The same night, Bob Woolmer, that time coach of Pakistan had a tragic end to his life. He was dead because- of-eh-eh no reason Or was it a suicide? Who knows and that case is not closed even after and a half years.
- Then, Inzamam-ul-Haq, then Captain of Pakistan during the World Cup bid bye to International Cricket soon after Pakistan ended their tour of WC.
- Former Australian Player,Geoff Lawson replaced Bob Woolmer as the Coach of Pakistan. He was in a position to unite the team after tragic instances.
- Shoaib Malik was chosen as the captain of Pakistan. In spite of elder members he was chosen as the skipper.
- Malik Successfully led The Men in Green till the Finals of the T World Cup 2007 but lost the finals to India.
- Shoaib Malik successfully lead Pakistan for a period of one year. His team player against India, West Indies, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Sri Lanka in the period of time.
- After Shoaib Malik being shown the gate after poor performance with the bat and leading the team, Younis Khan was appointed as the new captain of Pakistan.
- Geoff Lawson too was shown the gate by the PCB chief Ejaz Butt. But this time it was October 2008.
- Here, started the huge problem.
- Teams that toured Pakistan now were scared of security due to the 26/11 attacks and other attacks in Pakistan.
- After Geoff Lawson being axed, Inthikab Alam was being given the assignment to coach the poor team.
- By this time, all their tours were canceled due to security.
- But, Sri Lanka taking all risks, toured to Pakistan for a test series, but they were attacked by the terrorists, some of them injured. Immediately they flew back home.
- So, after insecurity, the Pakis were not allowed to play in IPL. Their home venue became Abu Dhabi as they played a series against Australia there.
- Soon, the T World Cup came. Nobody believed that Younis Khan’s players became the T Champs stunning everyone in silence.
- With the dispute with PCB, Younis Khan was sacked as the Captain and Misbah ul Haq led the team for a series.
- Pakistan this summer toured down under with Mohammad Yousuf as the Captain and they got rattled for 3–0 in test series and 5–0 in the One Dayers.
- The selection panel have decided to make a winning combination after this 8–0 white wash.
In this period of years many things have taken players. Huge disappointments for the team.
Posted on January 31, 2010, in News, Report and tagged 26/11, bob woolmer, geoff lawson, inthikab alam, inzamam ul haq, ireland, jamaica, misbah ul haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Pakistan, shoaib malik, Sri lanka, t20 world cup, younis khan. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.