World Championship of Cricket- Who will make it for India?
Hmm, Sadly with four important players- Yuvraj, Laxman, Dravid and Sreesanth out of the side. The selection committee headed by Kris Srikanth will meet tomorrow and will decide who will replace these players in the upcoming World Series of Championship against South Africa.
Dravid and Yuvraj are surely out and have to take a minimum month of rest. But Laxman may play. I have no idea on Sreesanth.
The Selection committee will surely not select uncapped players instead of them to give a chance because this series is too important as it will change to rankings. If India lose the series they will slip down to No.2 spot or even worse No.3.
Even bad is that Dravid and Laxman, the main caps of the Indian batting will surely miss out. So the question is who are the ones who will play instead of these biggies.
So I have prepared a squad for the test series against South Africa.
- MS Dhoni (Captain)
- Virender Sehwag (Vice Captain)
- Gautam Gambhir
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Murali Vijay
- Harbhajan Singh
- Amit Mishra
- Pragyan Ojha
- Zaheer Khan
- Ishant Sharma
- Munaf Patel
- Subramanium Badrinath
- Wasim Jaffer
- Virat Kohli
- Sudeep Tyagi
So, you would be questioning out with what I have selected. So I have my explanations.
- I’ve chosen Munaf Patel because i won’t give a place for an uncapped player. Surely when Munaf is given a chance, he will prove his worth. The main thing is that he has experience. No other player including Ashish Nehra has experience.
- Wasim Jaffer! You will think it is a bad choice but he is the only experienced player India have in test cricket. He is excellent in test cricket. He is doing superbly for Mumbai Ranji.
- S Badrinath is probably a test player. He is solid like Laxman and is the best replacement for VVS Laxman.
- Virat Kohli may be given a go because if you give a go to players like Raina or Jadeja, they are sloggers in batting ad would not stay long. So he is the only guy who stays long in the team who is uncapped in test matches.
- People feel Cheteshwar Pujara should be given a go, but in this series he might not be a good choice because he is uncapped. He has experience his domestic circuit but he has no international experience.
- So this is the best team India can have in my point of view if the injured 4 players are not there.
Posted on January 27, 2010, in india, Preview, Report and tagged Ashish Nehra, BCCI, Cheteshwar Pujara, india, india south africa, india team, Munaf Patel, rahul dravid, S Badrinath, S Sreesanth, selections, squad, Suresh Raina, test squad, virat kohli, vvs laxman, Wasim Jaffer, world championship of cricket, Yuvraj singh. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.